About the vacancy of Supply Chain Planner at Shimano
Shimano is a worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing equipment and other sport products. The European HQ is based in two locations (Nunspeet and Eindhoven) and serves customers in different distribution channels within Europe. Shimano wants to become and stay the market-leading supplier in the EU bicycle and fishing equipment industry.
Shimano distinguishes itself with high-quality products, innovative product development and an effective and a reliable and effective European Supply Chain.
In order to further develop supply chain planning processes/systems and manage the supply chain for one of the largest categories Objeqtive Recruitment is looking for a
Supply Chain Planner
Working location: home-office and Nunspeet or Eindhoven
Contract: permanent (32 – 40 hours)
In this role you manage the supply chain from purchase order until goods receipt from all the European warehouses and make sure all warehouses keep an optimal inventory level. This also includes managing your suppliers, freight forwarders and inbound logistics.
But there is more! As a supply chain planner you work closely together with sales, marketing and product/brand management on stock development and new product introductions.
On a daily basis you:
- manage the supply chain from purchase order until goods receipt from all European warehouses and make sure all warehouses keep an optimal inventory level.
- have frequent contact with demand planning to discuss what is needed and search for alignment with your suppliers. You make sure that orders are placed in time, based on sales history and forecast. In addition, you consider production- and delivery times and current stock situation.
- monitor your performance and define actions to steer towards your ambitious targets.
- also monitor the (long-term) delivery plans to adjust them timely based on adjusted sales forecast.
And next to this you:
- analyse supply chain processes and systems and make suggestions to improve them;
- are part of several improvement projects
- stay informed about development by visiting events and studying relevant developments
Shimano has got a lot to offer!
By providing healthy working conditions , attention to your personal development and an excellent working atmosphere you will experience Shimano as an social but ambitious employer.
The working conditions are very complete and include:
- flexibility in working hours and places, providing your home offices as well;
- lots of (sport) activities to ‘connect’ with colleagues;
- the ability to ‘give’: to the world and the people near you (via activities);
- the possibility to follow courses, workshop, e-learnings and other education;
- an excellent pension scheme;
- collective health insurance;
- company & individual bonus;
- discount on Shimano products;
And of course a salary-package that matches with your experience and background.
We are looking for
a proactive and analytical team player with strong communication skills who is determined to meet the needs of customers across Europe and is not afraid to give advice and push back. Next to this you are curious and always looking into ways to improve because continuous improvement is one of the key areas in this role and throughout the Shimano organization.
Next to this we are looking for a candidate who brings:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar position, preferably within an international supply chain environment;
- experience in working with ERP software and with forecasting/inventory management tools;
- good language skills both Dutch and English;
Are you supply chain professional Shimano is looking for? Do not hesitate and apply today or contact Martin Dröge for more information: email@example.com / +31-629435083