About the position of Associate SC Director at Insmed
Insmed is a growing global biopharmaceutical company powered by the purpose to deliver life-altering therapies to small patient populations experiencing big health problems. Their most valuable resource is the employees, and a patients-first mentality guides everything they do. Today, Insmed is building a world-class team of talented individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively and with a sense of urgency.
Do you want to rethink your impact, create sustainable growth and are you passionate about leadership, technology and supply chain management (SCM)? The Associate Director Supply Chain EU is a key role within the European Supply Chain organization of Insmed.
You will be responsible for transport and vendor management processes including critical processes of Complaints, Change Control, Deviations, CAPA, etc. You will assure that all components will be procured,and final product presentations will be manufactured/packaged and delivered at the logistics partners warehouse locations in Europe and Japan on time in full at the right conditions conform GPD guidelines. The role will collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to establish and maintain processes according to regulated requirements and industry best practices. Role will have a direct line reporting to and will act as back-up for the Director Supply Chain EMEA. Role will also have back-up of certain tasks of the other supply chain team members.
- Apply import/export customs knowledge in a compliant manner
- Utilize project management experiences to support and act as project lead for supply chain related projects
- Act as project lead for supply chain for implementation and qualification of new product packaging operation at EU based vendors/CPO in close cooperation with quality
- Perform vendor management of EU based CPOs
- Plan and perform international transport in cooperation with 3/4PL vendors of temp controlled and ambient products globally
- Apply broad supply chain experience from product development up to last mile delivery for healthcare products to support supply chain operations in general
- Sharing of experience in GMP – manufacturing as well as GDP distribution, global scope
- Showing a can-do mentality in also basic back up activities within the supply chain team
- Driving organizational development process
- Participating in developing global standards
We are looking for
- BS degree in Supply Chain/Business Management or related discipline and a minimum of 10 years of relevant Supply Chain experience; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within Supply Chain in pharmaceutical or medical device products.
- Familiarity of pharmaceutical product manufacturing processes
- Experience with artwork processes, vendor management, Quality, financial standards, logistics principles (incoterms, customs, tax models/VAT).
- Demonstrate ability to manage staff and projects (direct and indirectly) and variable workloads.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and utilize effective change management principles
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy and conciseness.
- Highly proficient with cloud-based applications like Oracle and in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Expertise in LEAN, value stream mapping and process improvement techniques
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed’s five (5) values: Collaboration, Accountability, Passion, Respect, Integrity.
- Individuals must demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace